COMMUNICATION AND DIFFERENCE
for therapists who usually work one to one and want to explore more about working with couples
Wednesday 25 & Thursday 26 October 2017
Communication and Difference
Understanding different styles of thinking & different ways of approaching things
Based on the de-centring model of Dr Michael Crowe and Jane Ridley; and on meta-programmes from Neuro-Linguistic Programming
This course also uses video of a therapist working with a couple.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Seen a video of a couple in role-play using decentring and communication skills
- Practiced listening for values, and helping a couple to discover shared values
- Learnt about 5 different thinking styles (meta-programmes) that people use
- Understood how meta-programme differences are a significant source of conflict
- Learn what your personal meta-programme preferences are
- Learn about language patterns that make communication easier
- Practiced working with these issues in a role play situation
DATE Wednesday 25 & Thursday 26 October 2017
VENUE Chalk Parish Hall, Pirrip Close, Chalk, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2ND
TIMINGS DAY 1 arrive from 9.30 for coffee, start at 10 – 5.30
DAY 2 arrive 9.15 to start 9.30 – 5.00
COST £199 if booked by 25 August, £215 if booked by 25 September – £235 Full Price
HOW TO BOOK Please pay online or send a cheque to Interaction Training Limited, Courtyard House, Moynes Court, Mathern, Chepstow, NP16 6HZ.
CANCELLATIONS made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Amendments will incur a 12.5% handling charge.
FOR MORE INFO call Juliet on 01291 638805 or look at www.therapyandcounselling.co.uk
Cassandra’s therapeutic approach is integrative and incorporates elements of Person-centred therapy, Psychodynamic theory, Gestalt and Imago therapies and a systemic approach. She offers Psychosexual and Relationship therapy, Addiction therapy, Mindfulness, CBT, general counselling, hypnotherapy and NLP.
After completing her BSc (Hons) in Psychology, she qualified with the London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy. She holds a Certificate in Counselling Skills and an HNC in Early Childhood Studies with extensive study in child/parental relationships and attachment. She has also completed specialist training on working with sexual minorities including the LGBT(Q) community.
CPD FORMS Certificate of Attendance forms for Continuous Professional Development will be given if requested.