COMMUNICATION AND DIFFERENCE
for therapists who usually work one to one and want to explore more about working with couples
Thursday 21 & Friday 22 June 2018
The Grand Atlantic Hotel, Beach Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1BA
Communication and Difference
Understanding different styles of thinking & different ways of approaching things
Based on the de-centring model of Dr Michael Crowe and Jane Ridley; and on meta-programmes from Neuro-Linguistic Programming
This course also uses video of a therapist working with a couple.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Seen a video of a couple in role-play using decentring and communication skills
- Practiced listening for values, and helping a couple to discover shared values
- Learnt about 5 different thinking styles (meta-programmes) that people use
- Understood how meta-programme differences are a significant source of conflict
- Learn what your personal meta-programme preferences are
- Learn about language patterns that make communication easier
- Practiced working with these issues in a role play situation
DATE Thursday 21 & Friday 22 June 2018
VENUE The Grand Atlantic Hotel, Beach Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1BA
TIMINGS DAY 1 arrive from 9.30 for coffee, start at 10 – 5.30
DAY 2 arrive 9.15 to start 9.30 – 5.00
COST £199 if booked by 22 March, £215 if booked by 22 May – £235 Full Price
HOW TO BOOK Please pay online or send a cheque payable to Mary Clegg to Interaction Training Limited, Courtyard House, Moynes Court, Mathern, Chepstow, NP16 6HZ.
CANCELLATIONS made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Amendments will incur a 12.5% handling charge.
FOR MORE INFO call Juliet on 01291 638805 or look at www.therapyandcounselling.co.uk
MARY CLEGG MSc COSRT Accred. UKCP Reg is a Sex and Relationship Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor with many years experience in couples work. She brings to this workshop a wealth of experience and expert knowledge gained from working with very complex client issues. She is an integrative therapist with specialist training in sexual medicine and works mainly using Systemic, Psychodynamic and CBT models. Mary has a proven track record in the delivery of high quality training to healthcare professionals. This is demonstrated in the outcome measures from around 30 presentations/workshops across the UK in the last 3 years.
CPD FORMS Certificate of Attendance forms for Continuous Professional Development will be given if requested.