Course for Couple Therapists:
COUPLES IN CONFLICT
for therapists who usually work with couples
Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 December 2017
Sherwood Community Centre, Woodthorpe House, Mansfield Road, Sherwood, NOTTINGHAM NG5 3FN with NICOLA JONES
Couples In Conflict
Based on work by Susan Quillam and Sue Parker Hall
By the end of this course you will have
- Examined conflict and different styles that couples use
- Thought about the benefits of arguing and couples who avoid conflict
- Explored Sue Parker Hall’s thoughts about the difference between anger and rage, including hot and cold rage
- Briefly discussed the stress response: fight flight freeze and appease
- Explored strategies for resolving conflict
- Thought about some issues for the therapist working with domestic violence
- Experienced using a ‘couple pot’ for exploring issues of rage
- Explored some of John Gottman’s ideas about the Masters of Marriage and the Masters of Disaster
DATE Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 December 2017
VENUE Sherwood Community Centre, Woodthorpe House, Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham, NG5 3FN
TIMINGS DAY 1 arrive from 9.30 for coffee, start at 10 – 5.30
DAY 2 arrive 9.15 to start 9.30 – 5.00
COST £189 if booked by 11 September 2017, £215 if booked by 11 November 2017, £235 full price
HOW TO BOOK Please pay online or send a cheque payable to Interaction Training Limited to Juliet Grayson, Courtyard House, Moynes Court, Mathern, Chepstow, NP16 6HZ.
CANCELLATIONS made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Amendments will incur a 12.5% handling charge.
FOR MORE INFO call Juliet on 01291 638805 or look at www.therapyandcounselling.co.uk
NICOLA JONES is an experienced relationship counsellor and an accomplished trainer and facilitator. She is Relate registered and accredited by the National Counselling Society. She trained with and worked for Relate as a counsellor and trainer for 7 years. She now works privately in Portishead and in Bristol with individuals, couples and families. Nicola also offers supervision in couple counselling. Nicola has an MA in Gender Studies from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London (2008), has trained in family systems therapy with the Institute of Family Therapy and with the Murray Bowen Family Theory Centre in Washington DC (who developed the concept of differentiation which is central to the work of David Schnarch.) She has a particular interest in and experience of working from an attachment theory perspective.
CPD FORMS Certificate of Attendance forms for Continuous Professional Development will be given if requested.