COUPLES IN CONFLICT
For therapists who usually work one to one and want to explore more about working with couples
Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 30 January 2019
The Grand Atlantic Hotel, Beach Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1BA
Couples in Conflict
Based on work by Susan Quillam and Sue Parker Hall
By the end of this course you will have
- Examined conflict, and different styles that couples use
- Thought about the benefits of arguing, and couples who avoid conflict
- Explored Sue Parker Halls thoughts about the difference between anger and rage, including hot & cold rage
- Briefly discussed the stress response: fight flight freeze and appease
- Explored strategies for resolving conflict
- Thought about some issues for the therapist working with domestic violence
- Experienced using a ‘couple pot’ for exploring issues of rage
- Explored some of John Gottman’s ideas about the Masters of Marriage and the Masters of Disaster
SIX MODULES ON HOW TO WORK WITH COUPLES: This course is part of the six module workshop organised by Juliet Grayson, for people who want to learn about working with couples or enhance their current skills. For more info about the other modules go to couples.therapyandcounselling.co.uk
DATE Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 30 January 2019
VENUE The Grand Atlantic Hotel, Beach Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1BA
TIMINGS DAY 1 arrive from 9.30 for coffee, start at 10 – 5.30
DAY 2 arrive 9.15 to start 9.30 – 5.00
COST £199 if booked by 29 November 2018, £215 if booked by 29 December 2018, £235 Full Price
HOW TO BOOK please pay online or send a cheque payable to May Clegg to Interaction Training Limited to Juliet Grayson, Courtyard House, Moynes Court, Mathern, Chepstow, NP16 6HZ.
MARY CLEGG MSc COSRT Accred. UKCP Reg is a Sex and Relationship Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor with many years experience in couples work. She brings to this workshop a wealth of experience and expert knowledge gained from working with very complex client issues. She is an integrative therapist with specialist training in sexual medicine and works mainly using Systemic, Psychodynamic and CBT models. Mary has a proven track record in the delivery of high quality training to healthcare professionals. This is demonstrated in the outcome measures from around 30 presentations/workshops across the UK in the last 3 years.
CANCELLATIONS made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Amendments will incur a 12.5% handling charge.
FOR MORE INFO call Juliet on 01291 638805 or look at www.therapyandcounselling.co.uk
CPD FORMS Certificate of Attendance forms for Continuous Professional Development will be given out on the day.