Juliet Grayson and her team,
Inter-action Training, Therapy and Counselling and William Ayot
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
Data Subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being processed
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Act – the Data Protection Act 2018, given Royal Assent on 23rd May 2018.
Juliet Grayson and colleagues are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people and how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Juliet@therapyandcounselling.co.uk 01291 638805
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We obtain information about you when you attend a workshop, ask to join our mailing list, or see Juliet or Maggie as a client. We also gather data from you regarding your feedback on your satisfaction with our workshops and events.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect both personal and sensitive information.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Email Address
- Landline Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Training course enrolled on
- Complaints (including alleged complaints)
- Financial information, including bank account details.
From clients we may also collect sensitive personal information, known as ‘Special Category’ data under the Act:
- Gender, ethnicity and marital status
- Religious or other cultural beliefs
- Physical or mental health or condition
- Offences (including alleged offences)
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal information to:
- Send to you goods purchased via the website (eg books), and supply to you services purchased via the website; eg CPD event, workshops, training, and therapy;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other communications relating to Juliet Grayson or William Ayot, and their team
- Send you carefully-selected third party information, which we think may be of professional interest e.g research projects;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you;
Where we are dealing with training or other services you have requested, we will have a legitimate interest in contacting you.
Where we are contacting you for other reasons, we will obtain your explicit consent, and always where we contact you by e-mail. We will regularly review and update these consents. You may contact us at any time to be added to, or removed from, our database for these purposes.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers, EKM and Sagepay. You can review the EKM policy here https://www.ekm.com/privacy.asp
And the Sagepay policy here https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy
Unless explicitly asked to, we do not store card payment information on our systems. All transactions are fulfilled by our payment service providers.
For purposes of quality control and training, calls and emails may be monitored.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Most records are normally kept for 7 years, after which they will be archived, or destroyed, however, in some circumstances it may be necessary to retain records for longer than this.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law,
- in connection with any complaint, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, national security or reducing credit risk).
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR DATA
Juliet Grayson and her team will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions containing personal details that you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
It must however be noted that data transmission over the internet is potentially insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential and not sharing these. We will never personally ask you for your password.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you;
- The right to correct and update the information we hold on you;
- The right to have your information erased, although basic details will be retained in order to evidence compliance with this request;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- The right to make a complaint
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
Should you wish to access your data or have it destroyed before 7 years have elapsed, you may submit your request in writing to Juliet Grayson, along with evidence of your identity. We will respond to your request within a month, unless the request is particularly complex or a whole series of requests have been made, when it may take longer to provide all of the information.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as:
If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, visit the Google analytics opt out page.
CONTACT FOR DATA PROTECTION
Tel: 01291 638805
Post: Courtyard House, Moynes Court, Mathern, Chepstow, Monmouthshire NP16 6HZ
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in July 2018