ATTACHMENT INFORMED COUPLE THERAPY ONLINE FRI 18, SAT 19 & SUN 20 Nov 2022
Attachment Informed Couple Therapy (14 hours CPD)
With Nicola Jones
Attachment theory provides the most reliable and research-based approach to working with couple clients available today. As such it will enrich your practice as it helps you to get to the heart of your clients’ issues: their needs for security, connection, intimacy and love. It enables a deeper appreciation of how close relationships are formed which directly correlates with how to help couples understand and resolve their problems. It explains the fundamental importance of close relationships to our wellbeing and across the lifespan ‘from the cradle to the grave’ (Bowlby, 1979).
DATE: Friday 18, Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 November 2022
TIMINGS: Each day: 9.15am for a 9.30am start. Finish approx 2.15pm (please allow until 2.45pm)
COST: £199 to 18 September 2022; £215 to 18 October 2022; £235 full price
CPD: This course will give you 14 hours of CPD
PRE-COURSE READING: Please note you will be sent some pre-course reading about 4 days before the workshop. This will take about an hour.
- Learn key concepts of attachment theory, infant brain development and relevance to couple relationships particularly internal working models of close relationships
- Explore interaction of attachment styles and internal working models in a couple
- Understand interaction of the various motivational systems (sex, caregiving, care seeking, intimacy, exploration) involved in intimate adult relationships to ascertain and evaluate couples’ issues
- Identify key triggers of the attachment system and consequences of this system being triggered
- Apply learning to a case study
- Reflect upon personal attachment style and internal working model. Implications for practice
- Tools, exercises and practical strategies to enhance clients’ awareness of their attachment style
- Introduction to developmental trauma, intergenerational transmission of insecure attachment and trauma
Nicola Jones is an experienced relationship therapist and an accomplished trainer and facilitator. She trained with and worked for Relate, trained with The Bowlby Centre for 2 years and is accredited by the National Counselling Society. She has an MA in Gender Studies, SOAS, University of London (2008). Nicola has supervision with those who worked with or were supervised by John Bowlby. She is Vice Chair of the International Attachment Network and works privately in Bristol with individuals, couples and families. Her first career was as a lawyer and family business adviser. Nicola has presented internationally on a range of matters related to social justice.
APPROVED FOR CPD: Endorsed by the International Attachment Network
CANCELLATIONS: Any request to change (eg defer to alternative dates) or cancel your place at a workshop, that is made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Any cancellation / amendments / requests to defer before 21 days, will be subject to a 12.5% handling charge.
Organised through Sleeping Mountain Ltd