Resources from the FOUR WAYS OF BEING talk.
Scroll down for poems!
This talk is the part one of a workshop that WIlliam and Juliet are running privately, outside of online events. Here are the details in case you’d like to continue the journey with us.
A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH: THE QUEST FOR MATURITY, SOUL & RESILIENCE IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
- Family First: Beginnings and Roles
- The Second Self: Embracing the Shadow
- Initiations: Conscious and Unconscious
- Life Purpose and Meeting the World
- Living in Paradox: Love and Relationship
- Turning for Home: The Beginning of Healing
- A Deeper Dive: Making and Breaking
- Full Circle: Spirituality, Nature and Coming Home
Click here for more info
This is an 8 module programme – sessions will be recorded in case you miss one.
There will be a self-development community for those who are interested. In between modules there will be small group meetings (self organised) to reflect share and explore.
We are offering £60 off the full price, reducing it from £660 to £600, for everyone who signs up having joined in the live Online Events talk.
If you have decided to join us, then please fill in this form to register.
To pay click here A Matter of Life and Death – FULL PAYMENT
and use this code for your £60 discount AMOLAD60
If you’d like to attend but cannot afford this, then please let us know.
If you are thinking of committing to this course, but are not yet ready, or have a question, then please fill in this form
Al Pesso: We are made to be able to be happy in an imperfect world that is endlessly unfolding
Joseph Campbell: The way to find out about happiness is to keep your mind on those moments when you feel most happy, when you are really happy — not excited, not just thrilled, but deeply happy. This requires a little bit of self-analysis. What is it that makes you happy? Stay with it, no matter what people tell you. This is what is called following your bliss.
Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else.”
Gabor Maté: We are wired for happiness. Addictive behaviour, though damaging in the medium or long term, can save you in the short term. “The primary drive is to regulate your situation to something more bearable.” So rather than some people having brains that are wired for addiction, Maté argues, we all have brains that are wired for happiness. And if our happiness is threatened at a deep level, by traumas in our past that we’ve not resolved, we resort to addictions to restore the happiness we truly crave.
Roger Bannister during his four-minute mile: I discovered a unity with nature. I found a source of power and beauty, a source I never dreamt existed.
You may know that William and Juliet did a series of talks on shame. The Exploring Shame Series 1, which was 7 webinars that William and Juliet did in 2020-2021 with Online Events can be purchased by creating an account at www.jandw.thinkific.com/
Exploring Shame Series 1 – the current price is £10 each (usual price £15) and £50 for the series of 7 (usual price £70).
There are also free talks, free previews, and various other items for purchase from £1, including talks on ritual, relationship issues, and films and talks about the Pesso Boyden System of Psychotherapy.
- For other courses: by Juliet Grayson, William Ayot and their team, including dates of many other workshops therapyandcounselling.co.uk
- Recordings of webinars and talks: including the Exploring Shame Series 1, which was 7 webinars that William and Juliet did in 2020-2021 with Online Events. jandw.thinkific.com/Create an account and then you can watch free talks, free previews, and purchase various items including Exploring Shame Series 1. There are also poetry readings, talks on ritual, relationship issues, and films and talks about the Pesso Boyden System of Psychotherapy.
- Mailing List: to sign up to be on Juliet and William’s mailing list https://therapyandcounselling.co.uk/sign-up-for-info/
- Forum for Questions & Comments: Onlinevents have set up a forum for William and Juliet where you can ask questions and find out more about other offerings they have https://onlinevents.mn.co/share/N-9HevToO7P4DRH8?utm_source=manual
- Pesso Boyden Forum & Facebook Page: For those who are curious about Pesso Boyden System of Psychotherapy there is a forum here https://onlinevents.mn.co/share/FdUUd5fAqE_WP3x_?utm_source=manualand a Facebook page for PBSP in the UK https://www.facebook.com/groups/PBSPUK
- Working with Couples: For therapists thinking of Working With Couples – details of the 6 modules designed by Juliet Grayson are here https://therapyandcounselling.co.uk/certificate-in-working-with-couples/and the dates for modules coming up are here https://therapyandcounselling.co.uk/ (NB you can do just one module, or all 6 modules. Your choice).
- Coaching or a Ritual with William: To contact William Ayot for one-to-one coaching, or to arrange a personal ritual, e.g. to help you manage something in your life or deal with a transition contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resources for Sexually Inappropriate Behaviour: for i) people struggling with sexually inappropriate behaviour and those who might cross the line and commit an act of sexual violence, ii) their families, iii) the therapists who work with them, and iv) their victims. sexuallyinappropriatebehaviour.org
- Poems by William: as information about other workshops he runs williamayot.com. His books are for sale on here www.williamayot.com/shop/
- The Men’s Room: An Inquiry into Modern Manhood – a programme for men that William Ayot and Nicholas Janni are running, starting in December 2021 go to https://www.training.nicholasjanni.com/manhood
- Juliet’s Book – Landscapes of the Heart: the website for Juliet’s book, info about it, articles, and you can also purchase it landscapesoftheheart.co.uk
- Purchase William’s Books: www.williamayot.com/shop/
The Night Ship
What do you want to do in this world?
What is your star, your far distant peak?
What dream lies unexplored within you
Like a vast uncharted southern ocean:
Daunting, demanding, compelling in the night,
Yet receding in the bright and busy light of day?
What discoveries invite you to the water?
What deck awaits your first excited step?
What ship, what clipper, what brave caravel,
What crowded ferry crosses back and forth,
From dream to waking, dream to waking,
Every morning of your undiscovered life?
© William Ayot
Published in “Email From the Soul”
P S Avalon, 2013
Back to the Numbers
You go back to the numbers,
sky-dry and rarified
as clean as abstract time.
Back to the numbers
the mystery of numbers.
Numbers are worth the climb.
When his old Headmaster beat him
in the library at night
while the other boys were sleeping,
when the Hand of Authority slipped and strayed
from neck to back and down between his legs,
he counted things; anything,
volumes of Churchill, T.E. Lawrence
or sometimes the dozens of little punched holes
that covered Authority’s polished brogues.
It was back to the numbers,
the safety in numbers
sky-dry and rarified,
as rare as you can find.
Back to the numbers,
the sanctuary of numbers,
leaving all feeling behind.
© William Ayot
Published in “The Inheritance”
PS Avalon, 2011
To see the third poem, Wireless, by William Ayot, published in “The Inheritance”, PS Avalon, 2011
The other poems William read are, as yet, unpubished.