PESSO BOYDEN GUIDED PRACTICE with LIVE SUPERVISION 2020
Date : 25 November Wednesday
Timings: Log on at 8.30 ready for starting at 8.45. Finish by 6pm.
OBSERVER PARTICIPANT SLOTS
Observer participant slots are available for people who wish to watch, and be available for a role. The normal price when face to face is £90 (or £80 with early booking discount). For this online day Juliet is offering slots at £65. click here to book
SUPERVISEE SLOTS AND CLIENT SLOTS
These are sold out. Let Juliet know if you want to be on the waiting list for one of these.
PESSO BOYDEN SUPERVISION ONLINE
Juliet has found a way to run PBSP groups online. Rather than the usual Zoom Rooms – she does it on Zoom webinars instead. This allows some people to be ‘unseen and unheard’ in the main room – these are called attendees. The ones who are visible in the main room (and can be heard) are panelists.
Everyone is expected to attend for the whole day. If this is likely to be difficult please discuss this in advance with Juliet
HOW THE DAY WORKS
There will be someone who is trained or training in PBSP who will lead the structure. Mostly, these are people who are already qualified as a therapist or counsellor. This PBSP student will lead the structure. But, Juliet will be online with them, to help them lead a ‘good’ structure. The aim of the day is primarily for the supervisee – with the client coming a close second. There will be moments during the structure session where we will pause the structure, and Juliet and the student therapist will have a conversation, and then the structure will continue. People comment about how useful these discussions often are for them to hear.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED
- A quiet space where you will not be interrupted or have people walking across the background
- Some people like to use headphones for privacy
- It is best to use a laptop rather than a phone or tablet
- It’s a good idea to have a box of tissues nearby, a glass of water, and a comfortable chair!
- It is important to have a good signal. Be close to your router – hard wired if possible
- Close down all other google pages and software that might be using wifi bandwidth
STRUCTURES WILL BE ALLOCATED IN ADVANCE
Juliet will pre-allocate the structures, so that clients and supervisees know when their turn is.
You be sent two zoom links:
1) to come in as a panelist (fully visible), but also
2) the link to come in as an attendee (invisible)
This is so that if you lose signal and need to rejoin, during someone’s structure work, you can log back in and rejoin without surprising the client by suddenly appearing in the middle of their structure work!
BE READY 15 MINUTES BEFORE
Juliet opens the room 15 minutes before the start of the day, and everyone can log on to check their equipment is working. Everyone starts as a panelists (who are both seen and heard).
WHEN A STRUCTURE STARTS
Just before the structure starts Juliet sets it up so that just the client, their therapist and Juliet (as supervisor) are panelists, and everyone else is an attendees (i.e. they are not visible on the main screen). Juliet also has a screen that she uses solely for placeholder(s) and doing holes in roles work.
When the client wants to enrol a figure to represent the voice of an ideal parent, let’s say an ideal mother,
- the client chooses the person
- Juliet changes their role from an attendee to a panelist, so they come into the main room and they can be seen and heard
- They rename themselves on their screen ‘Ideal Mother’
- The client chooses and enrols pillows/blankets etc to represent the Ideal Mother in the right place for them in the room they are in
- The person role-playing the Ideal Mother on the screen provides the voice for the client to hear, and eyes for the client to look into
CLIENTS ARE ASKED TO GATHER OBJECTS TO REPRESENT THE IDEAL FIGURES (YOU DON’T NEED ALL OF THESE)
- Clients are asked to have available a selection of things they can use to represent the Ideal Parents, for example:
- very large cushions are really useful to represent an ideal parent(s)
- long body pillow or bolster is good to represent an ideal parent(s)
- bean bag(s) and or wheat bag(s) (eg used for neck pain – these are on ebay for about £5) can represent the hand of an ideal parent, or their arm
- weighted blanket if you have one (I bought one for £20)
- soft blanket(s)
- a scarf or selection of scarves
The one proviso, is that no object should be ‘loaded’. In other words, if it is the most precious velvet cushion, hand sewn by your ex girlfriend/boyfriend, then we won’t use that. Or if it was a present from a father that you felt ambivalent towards, again, it might be best not to use that. Please only bring neutral objects – scarves, cushions, blankets etc.
Any request to change (eg defer to alternative dates) or cancel your place at a workshop, that is made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Any cancellation / amendments / requests to defer before 21 days, will be subject to a 12.5% handling charge.
This will be sent by email after you have filled in the feedback form
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Client sessions (option 3) and observer participant sessions (option 1) are open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the Pesso Boyden System of Psychotherapy. You do not need to have had any prior experience of PBSP. However the PBSP supervision slots (option 2) are only open to people who have completed at least one year of PBSP training.
HOW THE DAY WORKS
There will be someone who is trained or training in PBSP who will lead the structure. Mostly, these are people who are already qualified as a therapist or counsellor. This PBSP student will lead the structure. But, Juliet will be online with them, to help them lead a ‘good’ structure. The aim of the day is primarily for the supervisee – with the client coming a close second. There will be moments during the structure session where we will pause the structure, and Juliet and the student therapist will have a conversation, and then the structure will continue. People comment about how useful these discussions often are for them to hear. When online we will have a maximum of 3 supervision slots.
IF THE DATE YOU WANT IS ALREADY FULL, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BOOK – TO ADD YOUR NAME TO A WAITING LIST, CLICK HERE
Facilitator: Juliet Grayson UKCP Registered NLPtCA and COSRT Accredited Psychotherapist. Juliet was one of the first people in the UK to become a PBSP trainer.
The Commitment: Unless otherwise agreed, you are expected to stay for the whole day.
The Purpose: of the group is to teach the supervisee about leading a PBSP structure. We aim to give the client a good experience too.
Contact: Juliet Grayson: 01291 638805 email@example.com 07770 964864