PESSO GROUP ONLINE SUPERVISION WITH JULIET GRAYSON
Juliet is offering group supervision for PBSP.
PLAN FOR AUTUMN 2023 PBSP ONLINE SUPERVISION SESSIONS: Series 2
- This will consist of 4 group supervision sessions from October 2023 – January 2024.
- Each session lasts 3 hours.
- People will book individual sessions. Please book in advance – first come first served.
- Please note that if you cancel or miss a session there will be no refund.
- Films / audios should be sent to Juliet at least 48 hours before the day.
- Films will be downloaded by Juliet, as a backup, in case the supervisee has technical problems their end.
- Ideally the supervisee will manage their own film on the day.
- Please send questions for the 15 minute supervision session, approx. 48 hours in advance.
- If you are present as an observer, I suggest you have a ‘plug in’ speaker to hand, in case the volume on a film (that a supervisee shows) is especially quiet.
TO LET JULIET KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
SLOTS WILL BE ALLOCATED IN THE ORDER RECEIVED
DATES: 31 st Oct 2023, 21 st Nov, 19 th Dec, 16 th Jan 2024
THE PLAN FOR THE DAY:
1.00pm: Brief check in for those who are presenting on this day
-60 minute supervision video slot
-Break 10 mins
-15 minute supervision slot
-40 minute supervision video or audio slot
-Break 10 mins
-Group Q and A for remaining time (approx. 20-30 mins)
Feel free to book the slots you want. They will be allocated on 1st September – and you may not get all the slots you want because places are so limited.
THERE ARE FIVE WAYS YOU CAN ATTEND THESE WORKSHOPS. Each workshop is individually booked.
60 minute SUPERVISION SLOT: This is for someone who is bringing a film of their PBSP work. This person will attend the full
3 hour session. NB If using film of a peer/colleague from intervision, then please ensure you have their explicit knowledge and written permission to show parts of a film of them as a client to the supervision group.
THE PRICE IN BRACKETS IS THE FULL PRICE – IF BOOKED AFTER 1st October
COST: Each session is booked individually. The cost for attendance on one workshop,
including 1 x 60 minute session is £120 (£140)
40 minute SUPERVISION SLOT: This is for someone who wants a focused 40 minute slot, in which they can bring a film or audio recording of a client session. This person will attend the full 3 hour session.
COST: Each session is booked individually. The attendance on one workshop, including cost for 1 x 40 minute session is £80 (£100)
15 minute SUPERVISION SLOT: This is for someone who wants a 15 minute slot, in which they can bring questions. This person will attend the full 3 hour session.
COST: Each session is booked individually. The cost attendance on one workshop, including for 1 x 15 minute session is £30 (£50)
OBSERVER SLOTS – ATTENDING AS A REGULAR
There will be observer spaces, for people to watch, whilst having their camera off – to witness what is happening. The observers will not join the check in at the start of the session, but they will be invited to turn their camera on and join in the final q and a session.
COST: for an observer place attending ALL FOUR sessions is £100 (£120)
COST: for an observer place on any one session, if you have booked for a 60, 30 or 15 minute slot in this series, is £25 (£35)
DROP IN AS AN OBSERVER
Participants will be allowed to ‘drop in’ to one session as an observer.
COST: for an observer to drop in to an individual session is £35 (£40) per 3 hour session. Please pre-book these.
WHO CAN ATTEND
Anyone who is trained in PBSP, in training in PBSP and interested in joining the next PBSP training (starting in 2025 – this last group would be there in the observer role).
PREPARING A FILM
-The supervisee decides how to make best use of their time.
-One option is that Juliet and the supervisee watch the beginning together
(approx. 5 mins of the start of the structure).
-The supervisee will then take the film to the main part where they have a
question, wish to show a problem, or demonstrate what a great session they ran.
-If time we will watch 2 minutes of the ‘best part’ of the antidote phase.
-If you are able to supply a transcript of the relevant parts, that is really helpful,
especially if it can be sent in advance.
-Adding the supervision query or question that you have at the top of the
transcription is also really helpful.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS COUNT TOWARDS MY 35 HOURS OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED FOR ACCREDITATION IN THE UK?
The guidelines are on this page https://pessoboydentraininguk.com/pesso-boyden-training-course/pbsp-post-training-accreditation-requirements/ where it says:
– In a group setting where your own session as a therapist is actually being
supervised, you can count the full time of the live supervision and feedback
– In a supervision group, each hour that you observe being supervised can also count as 20 minutes (i.e.: 1/3 of 60) minutes of supervision, up to a maximum of 12 hours.
THIS MEANS YOU CAN COUNT:
– 60 MINUTE SESSION can count 60 mins + 1/3 of 120 mins i.e. 100 mins
– 40 MINUTE SESSION can count 40 mins + 1/3 of 145 mins i.e. 86 mins
– 15 MINUTE SESSION can count 15 mins + 1/3 of 165 mins i.e. 70 mins
– OBSERVER can count 1/3 of 180 mins i.e. 60 mins
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
Any request to change (eg defer to alternative dates) or cancel your place at a workshop, that is made at less than 21 days before the course start date will be charged in full. Any cancellation / amendments / requests to defer before 21 days, will be subject to a 12.5% handling charge.
Therapists Insurance: By booking on this workshop you confirm that you have sufficient insurance to offer therapy to the public. (We are required by the NCIP, who accredit this workshop, to ask you to confirm this). If there is any discrepancy please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org